Friday, 27 January 2017

ILBception

"Please tell me I'm awake this time," I said. I think it was, in fact, the first thing I said today.
Jillian pinched me very hard on the arm.
"Oh, so I am awake this time," I said, after a few other things.

One can't really blame me for being so confused. I'd woken up, if I had, from a dream within a dream within a dream. I may not even be awake now - although, if I am, it's very vivid. I can feel the burn I got from cooking dinner this evening and I'm still suffering from listening to this year's Eurovision nominees.

In any case, I dreamed about being invited to a gaming event (by swallow - who reads my blog, was the visual inspiration for my fictional character Louise, and is also called Louise...) hosted in Woolwich by the regular attenders of a specific chat room. A chat room I don't actually go to. I've been to a few, but this was one I didn't recognise. It's a dream, so it probably doesn't exist. I'm too lazy to check. I went to Woolwich, found the event, found myself surrounded by people I know from various sources... and they wouldn't let me in.

Referring to me as "babydaddy" - because, of course, why wouldn't they? I'm called that all the time - they refused me entry because of something I'd allegedly done. They didn't tell me, of course, what I was supposed to have done. They just assumed I knew. This all seems very familiar.

I wrote a letter on the door of the event that I wasn't allowed into, with a hammer and chisel, saying that I was still going to try and be involved in the activities of the chat room (whatever it was), and that I'd try and promote it to other people, so they could be involved too, and possibly even come to gaming events that I've been invited to but am actually persona non grata at. I decided to go and find swallow, who wasn't there, and found people I know following me, telling me that my letter had made it even worse, and that I wasn't doing myself any favours. I was stunned, confused and upset.

"I know," I thought to myself, "I'll write about it on my blog."

At which point I woke up.

I realised I'd had a dream about being invited by swallow to an event in Woolwich that I couldn't get into, hosted by people I know who used a chat room that doesn't exist, then got turned away and verbally abused by people and decided to write a blog post about it. But that was all a dream. Very confusing.

"I know," I thought to myself, "I'll write about it on my blog."

At which point I woke up.

I realised I'd had a dream about having a dream about swallow, Woolwich, an event, by people I know, a chat room that doesn't exist, verbal abuse and decided to write a blog post about it. But that was all a dream about having a dream. Very, very confusing.

"I know," I thought to myself, "I'll write about it on my blog."

At which point I woke up.

Dream dream dream swallow Woolwich event people chat room verbal abuse blog post.

I may have even enjoyed the gaming event; I've no idea. I wasn't let in because of whatever it is I was supposed to have done under the guise of "babydaddy" which, of course, suits me so well as a moniker. Once I was sure I was awake, I decided to try and forget all about it and get on with my day. And so I did, with occasional moments of confusion and the intention to ask swallow if she's been practising voodoo or something. And then, half an hour ago, I start browsing sex blogs and realise I should update. And I'd had a very interesting dream last night.

"I know," I thought to myself, "I'll write about it on my blog."

I'm expecting to wake up any moment now.

1 comment:

swallow said...

i can most definitely promise two things:

(i) that i would totally invite you to a gaming event
(ii) that i haven't been practising voodoo

and a third:

(iii) as i write this comment, i'm currently in a chat room!

- louise x