Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Eroticon 2017: Meet, Greet & Auto-Complete

Bugger me sideways with a spork if it isn't that time again. Which it is, and that's good, because it's saved me a rather undignified start.

So, unless you've been living in cave for the past five years, you've probably heard of the wretched hive of scum and villainy that we all inhabit on a semi-regular basis. But enough about Croydon - Eroticon's happening next month. Here's my meet and greet to add to the roster of miscreants lovely folk.


*

Name


Innocent Loverboy - although you can abbreviate that to "ILB", pronounced "I'll be". Although after a few drinks it's usually "uhlbuhhhh". Or, y'know, call me whatever you want. I'll probably be so pleased anyone wants to talk to me that I'll respond.

Oh, and I'm on Twitter too - @innocentlb.


What are you hoping to get out of Eroticon 2017?

This is an odd one, as it's the first 'con Under New Management, and it's the first 'con which I can attend fully (this includes whatever people do afterwards - I hear everyone went for drinks last year, which I was very annoyed to miss), as it's in my home city. And I live near a tube stop which the Night Tube runs to.

What hasn't changed is that I'm really in it for the social aspect. Tight though our community may be, this is really the only time we all manage to get together - and I do love it when that happens!


This year's schedule at Eroticon is pretty full-on, but which 4 sessions do you already have marked down as ones you want to attend?

I'm assuming you're not including my own session in that question...

I don't think I'll earmark 4 this year. I tend to do that and then just freak out on the day and go to the ones my friends are running or attending. To save time this year, skip the first part and go straight to the freaking out. Or just apply for a Time-Turner so that I can go to every session.


Tell us one thing about yourself that not many people know?

I used to be in a local youth symphony orchestra. I'm not a very good musician, but I was good enough to sit in the back row of second violins and play a few notes, some of which were correct.

And since then, I've also played in a brass band, a light orchestra, two rock bands, a swing/jazz ensemble, and a semi-professional wind orchestra for which my playing was "acclaimed" (apparently). My singing and guitar playing has also been heard on Radio 4.


If you made the papers, what would the headline be?

FAILED COMEDIAN IN MEDIOCRE SEX BLOG SHOCKER! (from The Sun)
"I'm jsut a yob who lieks wtiring aoubt sex", says bolggre (from The Guardian)


If you could have one skill for free (ie. without practice/time/effort) what would it be?

I'd love to be able to play the piano. I sing better with accompaniment, but my piano skills are limited to a few chords (and programming beats for when I try to rap). I did, in fact, take lessons in my youth, but my teacher was mean and the only reason I kept going was the fact that he gave me Tiny Toon Adventures stickers.


Complete the sentence: I love it when...

...I probably shouldn't.

4 comments:

Girl on the Net said...

I LOVE your newspaper headlines =D Looking forward to seeing you and catching up! x

Molly said...

I feel exactly the same about the social aspect of Eroticon. There is something very special about spending a whole weekend immersed with that community in person.

Mollyx

Kayla Lords said...

This is my first Eroticon but I feel the same way - I don't care what anyone calls me, as long as they talk to me, lol. :)

Innocent Loverboy said...

@GOTN: Yes - looking forward to catching up with you too... although I imagine you may be a little busier this year...

@Molly: As always. This is the reason I keep coming back.

@Kayla: I'm still amazed that people seem to want to talk to me - whether or not they call me anything! If you want to talk, I'll seek you out...